Are you dreading or resenting your spouse’s next business trip because it’ll be up to you to hold down the fort? Without a partner’s on-the-ground practical and emotional support, personal and family life can become overwhelming. Logistical complications, as well as emotional and physical stresses, take a toll on both husband and wife. You’d really just like to be together and get (or give!) help, reassurance, and hugs when they are needed most.
In this episode of the WifeSavers Podcast, “When He’s Traveling For Business”, multi-award winning marriage author and educator, Ramona Zabriskie and her traveling husband, Dale, answer a wife who is seriously worried about her spouse’s obligation to be away from home for work.
THROW ME A WIFESAVER: “My husband is preparing to be several states away from home for two-week intervals (home for two, away for two) for the next 36 weeks. I’m not at all looking forward to this. When he talks about it I feel ‘walls’ blocking my thoughts, and all I know is how I feel about it.”
Listen and learn how to manage your road warrior’s absence in a way that will tone down the stress, spare your heart, and bring out the best in your relationship.
Key Points in this podcast:
- Appreciating your unique stresses while he’s away
- Recognizing the pressures on him
- How to set up “safety nets” to protect you both
- Ways to involve him in family life despite his absence
- Strategies for keeping your relationship vibrant and relevant
- Strengthening your healthy independence
- How to make the most of your reunions
- The costs, benefits, and strategies of traveling together when possible
“I have really loved this podcast. The advice is top-notch but the best part is the humor and discussion back and forth between Ramona and Dale. I feel like they are the encouraging- parents and good example we all wish we had! ✭✭✭✭✭” Apple Podcasts listener
- Episode 21: Romance and Desire That Last
- Episode 18: To Transform Your Marriage in 2019, Focus on This
- Episode 10: How Do I Find Balance? A Woman’s Greatest Challenge
- Episode 8: Do You Believe in Him? How To Show Him and Why You Want To“