Come hear Ramona speak at the FREE Positive Parenting Conference on May 9th! Watch video preview! 16 expert Masters Classes May 7-10! REGISTER NOW
WIFESAVERS PODCAST EPISODE 27: What do you do when your husband is counteracting your parenting style or you’re counteracting his? Especially in the heat of the moment? And how do you get him interested and enthused about your latest and greatest approaches to teaching or disciplining the kids? You want to be able to trust him as a father, but how can you when the two of you are not on the same page? Working as a parenting-team is critical to not only the kids’ upbringing but to the success of your marriage.
In this episode of the WifeSavers Podcast, “Getting Him On Board With Best Parenting Practices”, multi-award winning marriage author and educator, Ramona Zabriskie, and her husband of 40+ years, Dale, answer a wife who is struggling to convince her husband that there’s a better way to parent their child.
THROW ME A WIFESAVER: “I’ve started employing a new parenting method which is in contrast to my husband’s and I see my child responding beautifully to it. However, it’ll take time for her meltdowns to reduce significantly. What should I do to get my husband to employ these positive parenting principles?”
Listen and learn how to help your husband (and yourself!) feel more open-minded about different parenting styles and how to help him actually engage with you in an approach to parenting you can both feel good about.
Key Points in this podcast:
- Why raising the kids in a unified style is important to her
- Possible causes for his apathy or antipathy to her approach or suggestions
- The problems that are caused when you disagree about parenting
- Seven common differences between mother/father approaches
- Four critical things to avoid when you’re recruiting his interest and involvement
- Four key things to do that will help inspire his enthusiasm and willingness
“Ramona and Dale’s adorable witty banter back and forth puts a smile on my face! I love their positivity and vulnerability. They give amazing tips from both sides of a relationship and I’m loving applying their tips to my marriage! ✭✭✭✭✭” —Apple Podcast listener
- Ep 25: He Doesn’t Really Listen: How to Communicate So He’ll Care
- Ep 16: Seeing Eye to Eye: What To Do When You Don’t
- Ep 1: Helping Your Husband Bond With the Kids