Looking for a New Years resolution that will improve your relationship? How about one that won’t bog down your “to-do” list; one that’s so simple, it’ll take only a few seconds here and there. That’s right, no matter what state your marriage is in, this concise, uncomplicated approach will not only immediately impact your feelings toward each other, but will also have major long-term repercussions for the positive.
In this episode, multi-award-winning author and global marriage educator, Ramona Zabriskie and her husband, Dale, answer a wife who, in her quest to improve her marriage, is curious to know where best to focus her limited time and energy.
Throw Me a WifeSaver: “What are some examples of things I can do with my time to improve my relationship with my husband? Would you recommend it be time spent with him or time spent doing acts of service for him?”
Listen and learn what wives and husbands should focus most on if they want their relationship to thrive for a lifetime.
- The magic in marriage researcher’s John Gottman’s “5 Magic Hours”
- Simple daily and weekly rituals used by couples in thriving marriages
- Why minor instantaneous interactions are so consequential
- The scientifically proven #1 most effective thing you can do for your relationship
- Real examples of how to apply that approach
- A 3-second 3-question way to decide whether or not to use your smartphone in a given moment when you’re with your spouse
- How your marriage can actually increase your time and energy