Feeling frustrated and disappointed in your husband? Are his mistakes and shortcomings piling up? Or are you feeling bad about your own choices and behaviors? Everyone knows that saying or hearing “I’m sorry” can help, but actually extending or requesting real and lasting forgiveness is often the greatest challenge in marriage.
In this episode, multi-award-winning author and global marriage educator, Ramona Zabriskie and her husband, Dale, talk about how to get through or past ordinary or common offenses that have caused pain in your marriage.
Throw Me a WifeSaver: “Can you talk more about forgiveness?”
Listen and glean new insights into how forgiveness actually works and why it is worth the effort.
- The signs and the downfalls of victimization
- The “advantages” to feeling “put upon”
- How focusing on vindication affects other relationships
- The psychological, physiological impact of victimization
- The 5 steps to replacing “put upon” with “powerful”
- What “everyday forgiveness” encompasses
- The 4 things forgiveness is not
- How the “how” of forgiveness is in the “why”
- The 3 popular “why’s” that don’t work and the only “why” that does
- A powerful statement to use that expresses forgiveness precisely
- The 3 steps or stages in restoring the relationship
- The only truly effective way to request forgiveness
- How forgiveness is possible and why it’s worth it