Doing more than your fair share of the housework? Maintaining a home and managing a family is a big job optimally shared by all family members, including husband and wife. But what if your kids or husband don’t see it that way? How do you motivate them to help out, and to do it willingly and well?
In this episode, multi-award-winning author and global marriage educator, Ramona Zabriskie and her husband, Dale, answer a wife who is feeling exasperated in her attempts to get her husband and sons more involved in the everyday care and operations of the house.
Throw Me a WifeSaver: “No matter my approach, I wake up most days wondering how and when I opened a bed and breakfast. How do I encourage my husband to contribute? How do I serve my husband and boys joyfully without creating the illusion that they are not expected to do their part in the family?”
Listen and learn how you can most effectively persuade your children to do their chores and your spouse to take on more responsibility in the home.
- How micromanaging works against you
- How spouses might perceive “home” differently
- The attitude that will change the environment in your home
- A specific approach to helping your kids “own” their chores and want to improve at them
- What your husband wants and needs from you regarding his help
- A highly effective strategy for recruiting your husband’s help in a way that he will appreciate and be motivated by
“Real life, real trials, real success and real love. This is the real deal.” ✭✭✭✭✭ ITunes/Apple Listener