Life often feels unfair, especially at home, where every member of the family absolutely depends on every other member doing their part. When a husband or wife, in particular, is lacking or slacking, the other spouse can feel undue pressure. The result is frustration, overwhelm, and resentment.
Multi-award winning marriage author and educator, Ramona Zabriskie and her husband, Dale, answer a wife who is exasperated with her husband for not carrying his fair share of family life.
Throw Me a WifeSaver: “I’m having a hard time changing my thinking to be super appreciative of my husband’s (lack of) help around the house and kids…He is a good man but boy did he get lucky with me. I do SO MUCH that it’s downright not fair. Do you have a mantra for me as I work through this?”
Listen and learn how to relieve the pressure on yourself and your marriage by incorporating a whole new approach to “fairness” in family life.
- Why “fairness” feels so important to us
- How a “matcher mentality” affects personal relationships
- 3 different ways to look at “fairness” in family life
- How to evaluate the effectiveness of your personal approach and philosophy
- 3 key skills or attitudes needed to achieve optimal “fairness”
- Examples of how to work together more effectively as a couple and family
“Great ideas you can easily implement! It’s fun to listen to too!” ✭✭✭✭✭ ITunes/Apple listener