Times of crisis are inevitable. Unexpected circumstances can feel like a sudden attack on your family’s status quo, interrupting plans and draining everyone’s energy. Whether your relationships with each other end up battered and crippled by the storm or deeper and stronger for the voyage depends in large part on how you organize your response.
In this episode of the WifeSavers Podcast, Don’t Let a Crisis Sink Your Marriage, multi-award-winning marriage author and educator, Ramona Zabriskie, and her husband of 40+ years, Dale, discuss how a couple can avoid breaking on the shoals of a crisis by proactively navigating their family through fear and uncertainty.
THROW ME A WIFESAVER: “What are some helps for smoothing our relationship in times of crisis? Do you have a trauma kit/advice?!”
Key points in the podcast:
- How a husband may initially react differently to a crisis than his wife
- The 4 things every member of the family needs or craves during a crisis
- An 8 step plan of action for the entire family during a crisis
- The 5 “musts” to keep your marriage on an even keel
- How to “reframe” intense or negative emotion
- How a crisis can be the catalyst for strengthening family bonds and individual growth
“Ramona and Dale share such a unique, wonderful, refreshing, and definitely relevant blend of insights and wisdom gained from their experiences together. It’s a perfect blend of fun and information.” ✮✭✭✭✭” Apple Podcast listener