Working excessively for a brief or limited period of time may occasionally be necessary, but if it’s one spouse’s defacto year after year, divorce, infidelity, or a health crisis is practically inevitable.
In this episode of the WifeSavers Podcast, What To Do When He Works Too Much, multi-award-winning marriage author and educator, Ramona Zabriskie, and her husband of 43+ years, Dale, discuss what to do when one spouse is spending so much time on work, the other feels undesirable, neglected, or resentful.
THROW ME A WIFESAVER: “Basically, my husband works too hard. We’ve talked about it many times, but whenever he agrees to try and make things better, it doesn’t last more than a week or two and then he’s right back to work. I can’t help feeling sad and a little insecure, honestly. Help!”
Key points in the podcast:
- The balance between accommodating his career and her needs
- A 16-point self-evaluation: “You may be a workaholic if…”
- The reasons a person feels compelled to overwork
- The three dangers in being married to a workaholic
- The things a neglected spouse should absolutely not do
- 5 things the neglected spouse should do
- Communicating concerns effectively to the workaholic
- 6 actions and 6 boundaries you can both agree to
- How to know if your solutions will actually work and stick
“They are so so fun to listen to! I feel like I’m in their living room just listening to them talk. I love the male perspective from Dale. Thank you for a life-giving podcast! ✮✭✭✭✭” Apple Podcast listener