It’s no secret that 2020 has changed almost everything, including the way we’re approaching the holidays. Wives and mothers are feeling apprehensive about what’s ahead this month. Is it even possible to follow through on your traditions and to orchestrate a season of memories for the family this year? On top of all that, what if your husband’s attitude is turning out to be more “Grinch” than “Santa” after all the stress?
In this episode of the WifeSavers Podcast, Creating Happy Holidays in Spite of 2020 (or a Grinchy Husband), multi-award-winning marriage author and educator, Ramona Zabriskie and her team of expert wives offer some concrete strategies to an overwhelmed mom looking for a little support.
THROW ME A WIFESAVER: I feel creating family memories falls on me: Christmas prep, fun outings. He doesn’t participate or only grumpily. What can I do?
Listen and learn how to recruit the engagement you need from him to make this holiday season one that will fill your heart-without overwhelming his.
- Why you may be meeting some resistance to your best-laid holiday plans
- Appreciating the differences in how you and your husband approach the holidays
- Dealing with trauma and crisis near the holidays
- A simple method to help you sort through and prioritize expectations
- How to word and time your request for his engagement and support
- Creating your own personal happy holiday
- The comparisons (to be wary of) that can mar your holiday joy
“With WifeSavers advice, I save my sanity and make time and energy to fill my own happy bucket being creative and learning!” ✭✭✭✭✭” Apple Podcasts listener
When He’s Overwhelmed By Family Life
Dealing with Extended Family Over the Holidays
How To Help Your Husband With His Emotions During the Crisis