Is your husband uninterested (or less interested than you are) in spiritual matters? Are you wishing he’d step up and lead your family in religious practice? Perhaps he’s even expressing (or exhibiting) antagonism toward God or religion in general.
If you are a woman of faith, whatever your religion or personal practice, feeling disconnected from your husband on a spiritual plane is difficult. What do you do with your disappointment and loneliness? How can you reach or motivate him when you’re feeling frustrated and resentful?
Throw Me a WifeSaver: “We don’t hold up on our spiritual traditions as much as we used to unless I lead the way. I feel like I carry most of the family unity and spiritual engagement. Why can’t he?”
In this episode of the WifeSavers Podcast, When Faith is an Issue, multi-award-winning marriage author and educator, Ramona Zabriskie and her husband, Dale, answer four different wives who are each despairing of their husband’s level of spiritual enthusiasm and commitment.
Listen and learn how to turn spiritual disparity to the positive and feel more peace in your home.
- Possible reasons for his lack of interest or leadership
- Why pushing, pulling, hinting, or convicting him don’t work
- The true test or measurement of his “spiritual leadership”
- 4 things to consider that will help mitigate your frustration
- Why his approach to spirituality may be different than yours
- How his male fears plus your expectations play into his choices
- Your best chance of winning him over
- The Four “P’s”: solutions to the dilemma of spiritual disparity
“I am loving the overall philosophy Ramona and Dale have on marriage. They are so consistent in their message and everything feels digestible and succinct, something I like in a podcast. I am already seeing improvements in my relationship with my husband! ✮✭✭✭✭” Apple Podcasts listener