With a teen boy in the house, family life can feel like a roller coaster ride. Unaware of the real causes and optimal responses, it’s easy for mom and dad to lose their cool and their perspective. The husband-wife relationship can be negatively affected at that point, which won’t help anyone–especially your teen.
In this episode, the second of two on the subject, multi-award-winning marriage author and educator, Ramona Zabriskie, discusses with her husband, Dale, what parents and other adults can do to help adolescent boys successfully navigate the rocky (or rocking) bridge into adulthood without compromising other primary relationships, especially your marriage.
THROW ME A WIFESAVER: “A few weeks ago my son and husband had it out. I mean they were yelling in each other’s faces and pushing each other and I was so scared. It really upset me and my husband told me, at a later time in confidence, that it was the worst day in his life.”
Listen and learn how parenting or working with a young man can be much less puzzling or frustrating and far more rewarding when you understand how best to live with and love him through adolescence.
- How your characterization of your teen and your relationship with him is key
- Why shaming or shutting him down is a big mistake
- How to get beyond his mask to the real, core issues
- The importance and the impact of his relationship with Dad
- The kind of experiences and challenges you want to help facilitate for him
- What he needs to be shown by you and how
- How to balance your relationship with your teen with the other primary relationship in your life
“Thank you Ramona and Dale for another packed-with-golden tips podcast! One of the delights of my day for sure!” ✮✭✭✭✭” Apple Podcasts listener
✅ You’ll want to combine this episode with Ramona’s FREE live Masterclass: “Understanding Your Husbands and Sons”: https://wifesavers.org/masterclass